November I focused a lot on gratitude in both my personal life and my alcoholics anonymous life. I enjoyed several gratitude dinners and tried to make an inventory of all the things I have to be grateful for. With December right around the corner I was reflecting on my December goals but I want to have a focus for the month of December as well. Since November is all about being thankful for what we have, I want the focus of December to be giving as well as peace. I’m not talking about the gifts we put under our family’s tree and the money we spend. I want to focus on giving back to those who have overfilled my heart and my life with hope, love, strength, and experience. This can be as small as sending a text to a friend to compliment them and thank them for being in my life, making my grandma dinner, taking my niece and nephew to go ice skating….any small act of kindness is a way of giving back to those we love and putting good into the universe. As for the peace aspect, this is something that comes from within. Do more things to make your life peaceful. Practice self care. Be gentle with yourself. This is a stressful time of year for many. The holidays are often difficult for those of us who have lost someone we love. Allow yourself to be at peace in the moment you are in.
Christmas is one of my favorite times of year but it has never been about the presents for me. It’s the small moments like selecting the perfectly imperfect Charlie Brown tree and decorating it to the sound of Elvis. Making hot cocoa and watching “The Grinch.” Having a reason to come out of my shell and visit my family and friends in such a festive environment. It’s a little sparkly reminder of the beauty we share in our lives.
I used to be SO against New Years Resolutions. I felt like I was just setting myself up for failure, but now that I have grown so much spiritually and emotionally I think monthly, even daily goals are important! They keep us accountable and on the path to be our best selves. Here are my December goals:
- Send out 250+ mailings for real estate career
- Attend ALL sales meetings and floor time
- Obtain one + listing
- Continue with Keto and stick to it (except Christmas and Christmas Eve)
- Get back to the gym even if it’s just a few days a week
- Work on strengthening lungs by jogging
These are of course just in addition to the things I do on a regular basis…meetings, meeting with sponsor, reaching out to friends in the program, meditation, reading self-help books, etc.
December is also an exciting month for Pagans! I will touch on them more in detail throughout the month. Here is a short Summary:
- 3: Full moon — Long Nights Moon at 10:48 am. Now is a good season for spiritual alchemy — time to evaluate your life, and know that you’ll survive the dark times. If you’ve already put the darkness behind you, take your good fortune and share it with others.
- 5: Krampusnacht, celebrating Krampus, a Bavarian figure who is the opposite of Santa Claus
- 17: Beginning of Saturnalia, a Roman celebration honoring the god Saturn.
- 21: Yule, the winter solstice
- 22: Celtic Tree Month of Elder ends
- 23: Celtic Tree Month of Birch begins
- 25: Feast of Frau Holle, Germanic goddess
- 25: Christmas Day
- 31: Festival of Hogmanay
SOURCE: Wiccan Calendar
So friends, finish out November STRONG. Continue to carry gratitude forward and get ready to finish the year out strong in December with a focus on peace and giving.